Our Agency - An Independent Massachusetts Insurance Agency
Elliot Whittier has been serving businesses, households and nonprofit organizations since 1882, by offering personal and commercial line insurance products including Auto, Homeowners, Life, Commercial Packages, Workers Compensation, General Liability and Employee Benefits.
Our Mission is to help clients protect their assets by providing professional advice and superior products with an outstanding staff.
Our Vision is to make Elliot Whittier a great home for our clients and a great place to work, while building a growing and profitable business.
We believe that, to be successful, we must be guided by beliefs and behaviors we call our Core Principles and we take great care to recruit and develop people who have these same beliefs:
- We believe that our employees are the foundation of our success. We possess personal and professional integrity. We respect each other and attempt to set our personal objectives aside in favor of shared goals and objectives. We are a team. While our professional duties are very important, we acknowledge that family responsibilities take precedence. As a family-friendly business we will do whatever is necessary to accommodate those needs in our employee’s lives.
- We acknowledge responsibility to our community by participating in a variety of non-profit organizations, encouraging staff volunteerism and with charitable contributions.
- We believe that our relationship with clients are of paramount importance and we demonstrate that by placing their needs above our own, giving prompt and courteous replies, being good listeners, and quickly acknowledging and rectifying mistakes.
- We strive to consistently show respect for all company representatives by our open and honest interactions, always trying to achieve common goals and objectives, particularly as it relates to the thoroughness and quality of our submissions and all other transactions.
- We try to achieve the highest level of professionalism and excellence with every transaction and interaction through our commitment to continuing education, manifested by earning industry designations.
- We encourage and expect staff to have the ability to recognize one’s own strengths and weaknesses and to share the strengths and weaknesses of others in a constructive and professional manner.
- And most important of all -- we constantly challenge ourselves to ensure that we behave in a manner consistent with these stated core principles
Proud Members of: