Your partner in protecting your business
The statement in the graphic below says it all. A fire is one of the most devastating events a homeowner or an apartment dweller can experience.
Did you know that a home fire occurs every 93 seconds? That December and January are peak months for home fires? That the likelihood of a home fire increases on Saturdays and Sundays and rises between the hours of 6 and 7PM?
We all know that having an emergency escape plan can save lives. Take the time now to create one with your family. Check out these top tips from our friends at The Andover Companies:
1. Involve everyone who lives in your house, including children, seniors, and pets.
2. Identify 2 ways to get out of every room in the home.
3. Designate a safe meeting place outside the home.
4. Know the most important number to call when you are safely outside - 911
5. Have a list of other important numbers that you will need, including your insurance professionals'.
6. Practice your plan twice a year or more.
According to Mass.gov the leading causes of structural fire in Massachusetts in 2020 are:
1. Smoking - 43%
2. Electrical - 14%
3. Cooking - 13%
4. Candle - 3%
5. Incense - 3%
6. Refrigerator - 3%
7. Undetermined - 26%
You can download the entire infographic on Fire Prevention Safety Tips for your Home from The Andover Companies. You can print in out, and post in in your home. Simply click on the link here.
SOURCES: National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), https://www.nfpa.org. American Red Cross, “Home Fires: America’s Biggest Disaster Threat”. Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI),
This brochure is for informational purposes only.